TrailsEdge on Mount Snow presents a rare opportunity to own a luxury ski on and off home at the edge of the Green Mountain National Forest. Sharing the same ski trail as the distinctive homes at Snowdance Village, TrailsEdge provides a premiere yet secluded location on Vermont’s closest major ski resort.
TrailsEdge offers luxuriously appointed townhomes featuring thirty-five hundred square feet of living space, with four bedrooms plus loft and four and one half baths. Each open design features a gourmet kitchen with a large breakfast bar, spacious dining room, and expansive great room with dramatic 18 foot high vaulted ceilings.
All owners will enjoy membership privileges at the Grand Summit Resort Hotel’s fitness center, spa and pool for their first year of ownership with the option to renew the membership thereafter.
“Our first season at Trails Edge was magical! Our unit was the perfect winter retreat with such a fantastic trail side location. We enjoyed the amenities and beauty of our townhouse almost as much as the spectacular snow!”
“Trails Edge provides for my family the perfect balance of the beauty, privacy and seclusion of the Green National Forest with the benefits of ski – in and ski – out convenience. The Trails Edge town homes are large yet homey and provide accommodations for a very large group or multiple families. The floor layouts also allow for different activities to occur simultaneously without interruption or intrusion.”
“My experience at Trails Edge — from the development phase to the present — has been excellent. During the construction phase the builder, Don Klepacki, was extremely responsive to questions and concerns we had regarding not only the town home itself but the surroundings, including ski-in ski-out convenience, parking accommodations etc. Modifications to plans were made to address my specific needs and changes were incorporated timely and seamlessly.”
“As new units are built and additional families move join we look forward being a part of the growing ski community hidden right off the ski trails of Mount Snow.”
Room Wall Floor Other
- Great Room Linen Paint; Pre Engineered or wood flooring; Exposed beams in ceiling
- Kitchen/Dining Linen Paint; Hardwood Maple cabinets (alt – Hardwood Cherry)
- Laundry Room Linen Paint; Ceramic Tile
- Bedrooms Linen Paint; Carpet
- Bathrooms Linen Paint; Ceramic Tile Flooring
- Hallways Linen Paint; Carpet Upstairs; First Floor preengineered or wood flooring
- Entry Linen Paint; Ceramic or Cut Stone
- Vermont Room Linen Paint; Cut Stone or Ceramic Floor
- Basement Unfinished Cement slab plumbing stubbed out
- Water closets: Kohler, American Standard (or equivalent), Elongated Bowl, Low Flow in white
- Main Floor Bath: Fiberglass shower tub
- Master Bath: Tiled shower stall and 72”x36” jetted tub, Vanity quality to match kitchen cabinets
- Guest Baths: Fiberglass shower stall, Vanity quality to match kitchen cabinets
- Kitchen and Master Bath: Granite with undermount sinks
- Guest Bathrooms: Cultured stone
- Armstrong Maple or Cherry Hardwood, basic hardware
(Color of all standard appliances: stainless) 21 Cu Ft Frost Free Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Ceramic Top Oven, Microwave, & Disposal.
- Closets will be furnished with wood hanging rod or vinyl coated wire.
- Pantry & Linen closets furnished with shelves – vinyl coated wire.
- Washer and Dryer in Laundry
*subject to change – subject to availability, substitutes of equal or better quality may be made without prior notice
- Footings: 8” X 16” 3000 psi (minimum) poured concrete
- Foundation/frost-walls: 8” 3000 psi (minimum) poured or pre-cast concrete
- Basement/garage slabs: 4” 3000 psi (minimum) poured concrete
- Reinforcement: per requirements of site/soil conditions
- Anchor bolts: ½” X 10” steel
- Foundation Damp-proofing: sprayed or applied membrane
- Fill: 4” of 3/4” to 1” uniform stone (for radon mitigation) over gravel fill compacted at least to 95%
- Insulation: extruded polystyrene: 2” thick, located under slab minimum 6’ in from inside of frost/foundation wall
- Radon mitigation: 4” capped pvc stub in slab for future vent stack, if needed
- Framing and sheathing
- Sills: 2×6 pressure treated (pt) southern yellow pine (syp) on sill sealer
- Joists: 2×10 hem-fir min. 16” o.c. Girders: built up 2×10 on 31/2” lally columns (alt – pre-engineered microlams)
- Studs: 2×6 spruce or better (exterior) 24”o.c., 2×4 spruce or better (interior) 16” o.c.
- Headers: double or triple 2×10 Rafters: 2×10 hem-fir 24” o.c.
- Exposed timbers: 8×8 and 8×10 native softwood
- Floor sheathing: 3/4” t&g plywood (alt: APA rated osb)
- Sheathing: Wall: 1/2” plywood (alt: APA rated osb); Roof: 5/8” plywood (alt – APA rated OSB)
- Porch and deck framing
- Posts: 6×6 native pine or hemlock (alt – PT southern yellow pine)
- Joists: 2×10 pt syp16” o.c.
- Rafters: 2×8 hem-fir 24” o.c.
- 8” pine channel rustic at base (alt – pre-primed cedar)
- 1/2×6 Hardiplank (alt – cedar clapboard, pre-stained or Cedar Impressions or comparable vinyl)
- Hardi shingles at top of gables (alt – cedar shakes, pre-stained or Cedar Impressions or comparable vinyl)
- Door and window trim, corner boards and banding, and roof trim: 1×4, 1×6, 1×8, 1×10 pine ‘Prime Trim’ (alt: ‘Miratec’ composite) (primed cedar)
- Porch ceilings: 1×6 tongue & groove, #2 or better pine: clear finish
- Railings, balusters, newel posts & other exposed porch, deck, and stair components: ‘Port Orford’ or similar white cedar (alt – composite decking and rail system)
- Composite Decking and rail system
- Windows & doors: 3 ¼” pine; Baseboard: 5” pine
- Interior stairs: oak treads with oak railings; painted ballasts
- Shingles: organic asphalt architectural grade shingles with a minimum 30 year warranty.
- Underlayment: #15 felt, ice/water shield from eaves to 5’ in, 3’ either side of valleys
- Flashing & drip edge: anodized bronze aluminum.
Thermal & Moisture Protection
- Vapor Retarders: tape and seal all joints and openings;
- Infiltration mitigation: caulk/gasket at interfaces;
- Ventilation: continuous soffit & ridge vents, ‘Proper Vent’
- Insulation: fiberglass: exterior walls (min R19), ceilings (min R38) , foundation (min R10)
- Fire-stopping: “Fire-safing” at penetrations, 2x lumber at required floor/ceiling assemblies, stair stringers, etc.
- Sealants, Caulking, & Seals: paintable silicone or similar
Doors & Windows
- Exterior Doors: Fiberglass with foam core and integral weather-stripping;
- Sliders: double paned with low-e glass with aluminum-clad exteriors and wood interiors,
- Anderson 200 series vinyl clad windows or equivalent
- Interior Doors: 6 panel pine w/rabbeted jambs (no split jambs), swing at closets or painted masonite
- Door Hardware: Schlage residential grade or equal
- Walls and ceilings: 1/2” painted gyp. bd. with 3 coat tape finish prepared for paint.
- Acoustical Treatment: insulation & soundboard at bathrooms, bedrooms and party walls
- Ceramic tile floors in the bathrooms, Cut stone or ceramic tiles in the entry and Vermont room,
- Carpet: Bedrooms, Ceramicin the laundry
- Hardwood floors with preengineered wood flooring in kitchen and dining room.
- Siding: pre-primed and pre-painted, opaque stain or latex paint
- Exterior trim railings: 1 coat latex primer, 2 coats latex paint
- Interior woodwork: 2 coats polyurethane (alt – 2 coats semi-gloss latex)
- Gyp. bd.: 1 coat latex primer, 2 coats latex flat
- Steel doors & jambs, painted trim: 1 coat primer, 2 coats latex semi-gloss
- Wood burning fireplace insert and a cultured stone veneer to mantle
Mechanical Heating System
- Furnace: direct vent propane, forced hot air system with humidifiers
- Domestic hot water: insulated gas fired hot water heater
- Waste pipes/vents: plastic
- Fixtures: Kohler, American Standard or equivalent
- Service: 200 amp; Wiring: copper throughout to code;
- Receptacles: standard duplex in white;
- Switches: standard toggle in white, dimmer switches for dining room and all recessed lighting
- Cover plates: white plastic
- 52” Paddle Fan with Variable Control: Great Room
- Kitchen: 200 cfm (non-ducted)
- Bathrooms: 100cfm remotely mounted multi-port exhaust fan with heat, separate switch
- Jacks in every room
- Jacks in every room